- April 4, 2017 – McCormick Road Houses Renovations
McCormick Road Houses alert 5
There will be construction activity in the Bonnycastle Drive cul-de-sac on Monday, April 4th. Barton Malow will be delivering insulation to the attic of Bonnycastle House. This work will not impede vehicular traffic.
- March 24, 2017 – Pavilion VII/Colonnade Club Porch and Ramp
Pavilion VII/Colonnade Club Porch and Ramp alert 2
On Friday, March 24, 2017, a concrete pump truck will park in Patterson Alley to pump concrete for new footings to support the back porch of Pavilion VII. The truck will arrive no earlier than 8:00AM and will be removed no later than 5:00PM. Patterson Alley will be closed to all vehicular and pedestrian access while the concrete truck is in position. Detour signage will be posted to route pedestrians to and from the lawn.
- March 20-April 9, 2017 – Drama Addition, Thrust/Caplin Theatre Terrace sidewalk affected
Drama Addition map of affected area
Starting Monday, March 20, 2017, contractors will be removing a section of the Drama Addition, Thrust/Caplin Theatre Terrace sidewalk for repairs. Work is expected to be completed by April 9th, 2017; weather permitting. Pedestrian traffic will be detoured around construction area by use of Drama/Drama Addition southwest exterior 2nd floor stair landing to A-School sidewalk and from Drama Addition, Thrust/Caplin Theatre Terrace sidewalk to A-School sidewalk.
- March 20-Fall Semester, 2017 – McCormick Road affected – Gilmer-Chemistry Renovation Project
Gilmer-Chemistry Renovation Project alert 1
The plaza between the Chemistry Building and the Gilmer Addition will be closed for repairs beginning Monday, March 20. The Chemistry Building entrance from the plaza will be closed until the beginning of Fall Semester 2017. The entrance to the Gilmer Addition will remain open but the accessible entrance ramp will be closed. Signs will provide directions to accessible entrances. Beginning Saturday, March 25, the work will also impact pedestrian traffic, vehicular traffic and the bus stop location along McCormick Road.
- March 13, 2017 – North End of Darden Library affected
Darden Library map of affected area
Starting Monday, March 13, 2017, contractors will be working to install an egress at the north end of the Darden Library. This project is expected to take 3 weeks to complete, weather permitting.
- February 16-March 30, 2017 – Alderman Drive, Gooch House, Stadium Road, Floyd Drive affected – Chilled Water
Chilled Water from Gibbons to Gooch to Runk alert 5
The project will extend chilled water down Alderman Road to Gooch and Dillard Residence Halls and to Runk Dining.
- Stairs from Fitzhugh to Alderman Road will be blocked from 2/16-3/28.
- Sidewalk on Alderman near Fitzhugh will be closed 2/16-3/28.
- Service Drive behind Gooch House will be closed for pipe trenching from 2/14- 3/30.
- Lane closure on Alderman Road at Gooch Service Drive 2/28 -4/7.
- Stairs from Gooch will be blocked from 2/28 – 3/30.
- Sidewalk from Stadium Road to Floyd Drive is closed 3/13 – 3/30.
- May 24, 2016-summer 2017 – Dillard sidewalks and Runk plaza access
Dillard Residence Hall alert 2
Sidewalks around Dillard and a portion of Runk plaza will be closed and access will be blocked to all of Dillard Residence Hall until summer 2017. A final phase will renovate the landscape: adding ADA paths, better circulation, bike and moped storage, storm water management, and gathering areas.View areas affected »
Major construction projects map »
UVA Parking & Transportation detours and lot closures »