- October 17-22, 2021 — Emmet Street, Ivy Road affected
Ivy Corridor — Public Realm Project alert 11
- Faulconer Construction Co will be closing the southbound lane of Emmet St and the westbound lane of Ivy Rd each night (8 p.m.-5:30 a.m.) for utility work in the road from Sunday, October 17th through Friday, October 12nd, 2021.
- Traffic will be diverted via a detour route taking Massie Rd/ Copeley Rd/ Ivy Rd. Signage for the detour will be coordinated with the City of Charlottesville. The street will be reopened each morning for modified flow of traffic in all directions (5:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.).
- Vehicular traffic in Emmet St and Ivy Rd will be open in all directions for the weekends of UVA home football games.
- Pedestrian traffic will be closed on the West side of Emmet and the North side of Ivy.
- July 19-October 31, 2021 extended — Gibson Hall area affected
Brandon Avenue Upper Class Housing II Project — Phase 01 extended —alert 02C
- Gibson Hall loading dock area underground site utility work
- Bice House temporary emergency access road ramp
- ADA parking will remain open at parking lot adjacent to the Historic Foster Site
- Allowing ADA, Emergency, Waste Management and Food Service access to Gibson Hall loading dock entrances are critical during this period
This Alert No. 02C, Phase 01 extended will include excavation and underground utility work at the Gibson Hall loading dock area and adjacent to the Historic Foster Site. Temporary ramp installation for an upcoming Bice House emergency access road transition will also occur.
- October 1-28, 2021 — Cabell Drive area affected
West Grounds Chilled Water Capacity Project — Phase 2A alert 1
- Project mobilization starting Monday, August 23rd.
- Phase 2A construction starting Friday, October 1st.
- Phase 2A construction finishing Thursday, October 28th.
- Construction area to have fence enclosure.
- Cabell Drive will remain open during construction. Traffic will be limited to one lane and utilize traffic signals and flag person.
- Certain parking spaces along Cabell Drive will be closed during construction.
- Sidewalk along west side of Cabell Drive will be closed during construction. Pedestrian circulation/access will be maintained during construction.
- Temporary area lighting will be provided at crosswalk location.
- October 4-6, 2021 — East Range Road area affected
East Lawn/Range Area Paving Repairs — alert 1
Faulconer Construction will complete Addastone repairs on East Range Road and adjacent alleys October 4-10. The Addastone repairs on East Range Road will require complete closure of the road and adjoining alleys to vehicle traffic for a four-day period beginning Thursday, October 7, 8 a.m. The area will be reopened to traffic and parking the morning of Monday, October 11, 8 a.m.
Work will take place between the hours of 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Noise and pedestrian impacts will be minimal. Parking relocations have been coordinated with Parking & Transportation. Schedule is weather dependent.
- September 20-November 24, 2021 — Main Library, McCormick Road area affected
Main Library Renovation — alert 10
Extensive excavation and hauling of dirt on the south side of the Main Library. Trucks entering and exiting at the major crosswalk on McCormick Road near the Chapel, as shown in the photo below, work will start approximately September 20, 2021, and finish by November 24, 2021.
The road and the sidewalk will not be closed. However, several large dump trucks will enter and exit the site every day. The contractor will use flaggers to safely get trucks across the sidewalk, the crosswalk, and onto McCormick Road. No trucks will enter or exit during class change.
- September 1, 2021 — Memorial Gym affected
Memorial Gym Facade Repairs alert 3
- South door on East Alley will become emergency use only. Normal operation access to building through front (north) door.
- Crane Delivery: A crane will be delivered on Wednesday September 1st. It will be located in the East Alley as seen on the map and will be used to remove and install the cap stone from the center high roof over the gymnasium.
- For safety, the crane may not swing over occupied areas inside the building.
- Beginning Thursday, September 2nd, South Wing 2nd Floor will be OFF Limits except for pre-arranged dates and times for Kinesiology Lab classes.
- Any access to the south end on the second floor will need to be coordinated with James Zehmer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Amy Moses (email@example.com) starting September 2nd.
- Additional Fencing will be provided to restrict pedestrian traffic from the East Alley
- Continuation of No Parking in East Alley for full project duration.
- All other doors on East Alley will remain open for Emergency Egress ONLY.
- April 30, 2018 - Summer, 2023 — U-Hall cage lot affected
Cage lot map
To support a significant construction project in U-Hall, the Cage lot will be closed beginning Monday, April 30th through the Summer of 2023. As a result, the University Transit Service (UTS) bus stops near the Cage lot and in the West University Hall lot will be closed for the duration of this project. The UTS Bus stops on Massie Road at University Hall and the East Lot will remain open.