- July 5 - October 26, 2018 – Pavilions V and IX affected
Lawn Accessibility Project - alert 1
Pre-construction archaeology will begin in front of Pavilion V as early as next Wednesday, June 20th. This activity is weather-dependent and is anticipated to take up to two weeks. Work will be performed by Rivanna Archaeological Services in accordance with and permitted by the Virginia Department of Historic Resources. This area may contain significant archaeological information pertaining to the construction of the Lawn terraces, early University water systems, and possible early pathways on the Lawn. Archaeological monitoring will occur during construction at the Pavilion IX location.
- June 12-19, 2018 – Alderman Road affected
Alderman paving map
A VDOT project to pave Alderman Road has been scheduled for the month of June. This project extends from Pratt Drive to the four-way intersection at Stadium Road.
SL Williamson is scheduled to begin paving operations on Alderman Road on the evening of June 12th with completion on June 19th (weather permitting). Work is scheduled between the hours of 6 p.m. until 6 a.m. daily until completed. See map for details.
- June 11-16, 2018 – Rotunda area affected
Rotunda southeast cryptoporticus ceiling repair - alert 1
Work will begin Monday, June 11th and continue until June 16th to replace the stucco ceiling in the southeast cryptoporticus. Pedestrian access through this passageway will be rerouted through the east courtyard garden (see attached document for site plan).
- June 11, 2018 – Brandon Ave, Monroe Ln affected
Brandon Ave Green Street & Utilities Project - alert 13
In order to facilitate construction activities in the area, the parallel on-street parking on Brandon Ave and the southern portion of Monroe Lane will be permanently eliminated, starting at 6AM on Monday June 11th. Any vehicles that have not vacated by 6AM on Monday, June 11, 2018, will be subject to ticketing and towing.
- June 10-15, 2018 – Alderman Road affected
Paving project - affected area map
A VDOT project to pave Alderman Road has been scheduled for the month of June. This project extends from Pratt Drive to the four way intersection at Stadium Road. SL Williamson is scheduled begin paving operations on Alderman Road on the evening of June 10th and finish (weather dependent) on June 15th.
- June 4-6, 26-28, 2018 – Hancock Drive, McCormick Road affected
McCormick Road Houses Renovation Project - alert 14
- PHASE 1: Hancock Drive will be closed, June 4-6th with access limited to emergency vehicles only. A mobile crane will be put in place to deliver materials into attics of adjacent buildings. The crane operator will move in the event of emergency to allow access during working hours. The crane will also be moved to allow access during non-working hours/overnight.
- PHASE 2: A mobile crane will be set up on McCormick Road on, June 26-28th impacting one drive lane and sidewalk on the McCormick Houses Side of the road. The crane will be delivering materials into the attic of an adjacent building. During this time traffic will be redirected around the crane using the center lane.
- May 23 - July 1, 2018 – Hotels B & F area affected
East Range Stormwater Management - alert 7
On Wednesday, May 23, site preparation will begin for below-grade masonry repairs and waterproofing at Hotels B & F. Work at Hotels B & F will include:
- May 24-25 excavation for below-grade masonry repairs and waterproofing at limited locations (see attached map)
- May 29-June 19 – Below-grade masonry repairs and waterproofing (quiet days planned during Reunions)
- June 20-July 1 – backfill and site restoration
- June 8 - July 13, 2018 – Monroe Ln., Crispell Dr. affected
Brandon Avenue Green Street & Utilities - alert 11
- Phase 1 (6/8/18 to 6/13/18): The intersection of Monroe Ln. and Crispell Dr. will be closed for utility
installations. One lane of Monroe Lane will be open at all times in order to maintain access to the Endoscopy building. A section of Crispell Drive will be closed to all vehicles during this time. Traffic signals and flagmen will be in place to direct traffic around the area of construction. Use Jeanette Lancaster Way for access into and out of the South Parking Garage.
- Phase 2 (6/14/18 to 6/29/18): One lane of Monroe Ln., south of the Monroe/Crispell intersection, will be closed for utility installations. One lane will be open at all times in order to maintain access to the Endoscopy building. Traffic signals and flagmen will be in place to direct traffic around the area of construction.
- Phase 3 (6/30/18 to 7/13/18): One lane of Monroe Ln., south of the Monroe/Crispell intersection will be closed for utility installations and construction of the new alignment of Monroe Ln. One lane will be open at all times in order to maintain access to the Endoscopy building. Traffic signals and flagmen will be in place to direct traffic around the area of construction.
- May 22 - Late August, 2018 – Academical Village area affected
West Lawn Roof & Railing Replacement Project - alert 1
The current project will replace the roof and railing between Pavilions V and III and install a plaster ceiling along the colonnade in front of rooms 9 - 19. Scaffolding will be installed on both sides of the dormitories at railing height to provide access for the tradespeople working on this project.
Pedestrian access between Poe Alley and the Lawn will be closed after Reunions in order to maintain a safe construction zone, but will be re-opened when the student Lawn residents return in mid-August.
- May 13 - July 6, 2018 – Facilities Management back lot affected
FM back lot map
The area north of Nau Hall, directly below the South Lawn pedestrian bridge over JPA, will be under construction from 5/13/18 to 7/6/18. Flaggers will be in place to keep pedestrian access open along the sidewalk adjacent to JPA. The steps leading down from JPA into the northwest entrance of Nau Hall will be closed during this time. Please use another door to enter/exit the building.
- April 30, 2018 - Summer, 2023 – U-Hall cage lot affected
Cage lot map
To support a significant construction project in U-Hall, the Cage lot will be closed beginning Monday, April 30th through the Summer of 2023. As a result, the University Transit Service (UTS) bus stops near the Cage lot and in the West University Hall lot will be closed for the duration of this project. The UTS Bus stops on Massie Road at University Hall and the East Lot will remain open.
Major construction projects map »
UVA Parking & Transportation detours and lot closures »