- March 22-April 9, 2021 – Triangle of Grass area affected
Memorial to Enslaved Laborers alert 6
As a result of design changes, the pole lights at the Memorial to Enslaved Laborers will be relocated by UVA Energy and Utilities in late-March/early-April. The work will generate minor noise. The work will necessitate brief power outages to nearby site light fixtures and the temporary dining tent adjacent to the Memorial. Electrical conduit will be directional-drilled to limit landscape damage.
- March 11-29, 2021
Bayly Building renovation alert 5
The Bayly Building is home to the Fralin Museum of Art at The University of Virginia. This project will replace the roof of the main building and two annexes. The original roof was a slate roof with a central glass skylight. The current all-slate roof will be replaced with a combination slate and standing seam metal roof, with the metal roof evoking the original skylight design. This project will also replace components of the HVAC system to provide better climate control for the museum setting.
Imminent construction activity:
- Scaffold Removal
- Removal of rear section — Thursday & Friday, March 11th & 12th
- Removal of remaining scaffolding begins Monday, March 22nd. This is expected to take 1 week, but is weather dependant.
- Construction Impacts
- There will be no parking in the Bayly courtyard to allow for scaffold removal.
- There will be temporary pedestrian restrictions. Please follow the directions of on-site personnel to ensure pedestrian safety.
- Please see attached alert for more information.
- Scaffold Removal
- February 22-April 22, 2021 – Monroe Lane affected
Student Health & Wellness Center alert 1
Monroe Lane will be closed to thru-traffic, including bikes and pedestrians, starting February 22, 2021. Monroe Lane is scheduled to re-open April 22, 2021. See attached site map for alternate route locations.
Areas impacted by closure include:
- Vehicular and Bike access to and from UVA Endoscopy, Bond House, and M9 Lot Detour through Brandon Ave. No Access via Monroe Lane.
- Pedestrian Access to and from UVA Endoscopy Detour through Crispell Drive and the South Hospital Garage.
- April 30, 2018 - Summer, 2023 – U-Hall cage lot affected
Cage lot map
To support a significant construction project in U-Hall, the Cage lot will be closed beginning Monday, April 30th through the Summer of 2023. As a result, the University Transit Service (UTS) bus stops near the Cage lot and in the West University Hall lot will be closed for the duration of this project. The UTS Bus stops on Massie Road at University Hall and the East Lot will remain open.