Capital Construction & Renovations (CC&R) is responsible for the execution of the University’s Capital Project Program. We provide management of all design and engineering services, management of all construction service and procurement for all construction contracts and design/engineering professional services contracts for the University community. Our goal is to set the standard for excellence in higher education and healthcare project delivery.
We are here to:
- Provide leadership to support the University community in the development and implementation of projects for planning and construction.
- Assure appropriate design and construction standards and criteria established by the University, the state, or other appropriate agencies are followed.
- Identify and implement opportunities to balance quality and cost of construction, focusing on life cycle costs through value engineering and other cost reduction initiatives.
- Continue to develop innovative best practices for professional and construction services procurement and administration to assure continued conformance to the University’s restructuring requirements and maximize competition and diversity.
- Maintain in-house design services in support of the University’s various renovation programs.
- Encourage the full participation of all stakeholders in the project management process.
The work is accomplished by three production divisions: Academic, Health System and Engineering & Design. These divisions are all supported by Contract Administration and Construction & Renovation Services and work in close coordination and cooperation with the Office of the University Building Official, the Office of the Architect for the University and Facilities Management.