Financial and billing information
Facilities Management receives an annual appropriation for basic maintenance and operations of University academic division facilities supported by state education and general funds. Certain general facilities planning services are also budgeted for Facilities Management.
Other services are normally provided on a reimbursable basis, chargeable to the requesting department.
All services for the Medical Center, auxilary enterprises, and other non-general fund-supported activities or divisions are provided on a reimbursable basis.
Charges for reimbursable Facilities Management services are accumulated and billed through a work order system. To view current work order status online, access permission is authorized by the following staff:
- Reggie Steppe, customer relations manager
Phone: (434) 243-2442
- Dennis Bianchetto, customer relations manager
Phone: (434) 243-1092
- Stanley Speed, customer service manager
Phone: (434) 924-1777
Pricing of services
Work performed by Facilities Management on a reimbursable basis is billed in one of two ways:
- At-cost – majority of work is billed on an at-cost basis. This is a total charge determined by the recovery rates of the labor, materials and tools used to accomplish the work.
- Fixed-price – construction and selected types of work requests are billed on a fixed-price basis. A firm proposal is made based on work cost estimates. If proposal is accepted, Facilities Management will complete the work for the fixed-price amount, regardless of actual costs. Any changes to the scope of the work, the plans and specifications, or the conditions of work made after the acceptance of the proposal will be acknowledged by an approved written change order amending the original work order and the fixed-price agreement.
- Facilities Management Final Service Rates for Fiscal Year 2022-23
- Facilities Management Preliminary Service Rates for Fiscal Year 2023-24
Fiscal Year 2022-23
|Monthly Billing||Utility Billing||Service Billing|
|July 2022||Friday, July 15, 2022||Wednesday, July 27, 2022|
|August 2022||Monday, August 15, 2022||Tuesday, August 16, 2022|
|September 2022||Monday, September 19, 2022||Friday, September 16, 2022|
|October 2022||Tuesday, October 18, 2022||Monday, October 17, 2022|
|November 2022||Wednesday, November 16, 2022||Monday, November 14, 2022|
|December 2022||Thursday, December 15, 2022||Wednesday, December 14, 2022|
|January 2023||Wednesday, January 18, 2023||Tuesday, January 17, 2023|
|February 2023||Thursday, February 16, 2023||Wednesday, February 15, 2023|
|March 2023||Thursday, March 16, 2023||Wednesday, March 15, 2023|
|April 2023||Monday, April 17, 2023||Thursday, April 13, 2023|
|May 2023||Tuesday, May 16, 2023||Monday, May 15, 2023|
|June 2023||Thursday, June 15, 2023||Wednesday, June 14, 2023|
All external charges, invoices and corrections need to be posted by 12:00pm on utility billing day.
Information will be available in UBI the next business day after transfer to Workday.