Financial and billing information
Facilities Management receives an annual appropriation for basic maintenance and operations of University academic division facilities supported by state education and general funds. Certain general facilities planning services are also budgeted for Facilities Management.
Other services are normally provided on a reimbursable basis, chargeable to the requesting department.
All services for the Medical Center, auxilary enterprises, and other non-general fund-supported activities or divisions are provided on a reimbursable basis.
Charges for reimbursable Facilities Management services are accumulated and billed through a work order system. To view current work order status online, access permission is authorized by the following staff:
- Reggie Steppe, customer relations manager
Phone: (434) 243-2442
- Dennis Bianchetto, customer relations manager
Phone: (434) 243-1092
- Stanley Speed, customer service manager
Phone: (434) 924-1777
Pricing of services
Work performed by Facilities Management on a reimbursable basis is billed in one of two ways:
- At-cost – majority of work is billed on an at-cost basis. This is a total charge determined by the recovery rates of the labor, materials and tools used to accomplish the work.
- Fixed-price – construction and selected types of work requests are billed on a fixed-price basis. A firm proposal is made based on work cost estimates. If proposal is accepted, Facilities Management will complete the work for the fixed-price amount, regardless of actual costs. Any changes to the scope of the work, the plans and specifications, or the conditions of work made after the acceptance of the proposal will be acknowledged by an approved written change order amending the original work order and the fixed-price agreement.
- Facilities Management Preliminary Service Rates for Fiscal Year 2024-2025
- Facilities Management Final Service Rates for Fiscal Year 2023-24
Fiscal Year 2023-24
|Monthly Billing||Utility Billing||Service Billing|
|July 2023||Wednesday, July 19, 2023||Tuesday, July 18, 2023|
|August 2023||Thursday, August 17, 2023||Wednesday, August 16, 2023|
|September 2023||Monday, September 18, 2023||Thursday, September 14, 2023|
|October 2023||Wednesday, October 18, 2023||Tuesday, October 17, 2023|
|November 2023||Thursday, November 16, 2023||Wednesday, November 15, 2023|
|December 2023||Thursday, December 14, 2023||Wednesday, December 13, 2023|
|January 2024||Thursday, January 18, 2024||Wednesday, January 17, 2024|
|February 2024||Thursday, February 15, 2024||Wednesday, February 14, 2024|
|March 2024||Monday, March 18, 2024||Thursday, March 14, 2024|
|April 2024||Wednesday, April 17, 2024||Tuesday, April 16, 2024|
|May 2024||Thursday, May 16, 2024||Wednesday, May 15, 2024|
|June 2024||Tuesday, June 18, 2024*||Monday, June 17, 2024*|
Information will be available in UBI the next business day after the Utility Billing date.
*Date subject to change depending on Fiscal Year closing procedures