Skip to main content

Moving and surplus services

Stack of moving boxes


Moving services on Grounds or to University-owned properties are provided by Facilities Management on a limited scale, as a reimbursable service and may be requested by submitting an online service request form. To move large amounts of furniture, materials or other items requiring special handling or to make moving arrangements for incoming faculty or staff, contact UVA Procurement & Supplier Diversity Services at (434) 924-4212.


Surplus property is all university-owned unneeded property, including unclaimed, lost or abandoned property, regardless of age and condition. Facilities Management provides the removal of surplus property as a reimbursable service and can be requested by submitting an online service request form.

Types of surplus property include:

  • Office furniture
    • Desks
    • Chairs
    • Conference room desks
    • Credenzas
    • Bookcases
    • Filing cabinets
    • Shelves
    • Books
  • Medical equipment
  • Exam tables
  • Medical chairs
  • Walkers
  • Refrigerators
  • Stoves

Computer/electronic surplus

All computer/electronic surplus property must be disposed of through the University’s contract vendor, eCycleSecure. These items must be disposed of immediately — do not hold items indefinitely and delay the start of the surplus process. If you would like to use any other method to transfer or dispose of computer/electronic surplus, you must contact UVA Information Security for approval. To learn more about the computer/electronic surplus procedure, please visit UVA Procurement’s Surplus Procedure webpage.