UVA’s Temporary Search Group provides qualified, cost-effective and temporary personnel in a variety of occupations to UVA schools and departments. The Temporary Search Group solves staffing challenges that arise from a surge in workload, vacant positions, vacations or illness.
Facilities Management frequently offers temporary assignments for recycling, landscaping, housekeeping, skilled trades and administrative roles.
How to search for UVA temporary jobs
- Go to https://jobs.virginia.edu to begin your job search. This will take you to the University of Virginia Human Resources “Jobs@UVA” webpage.
- On the top left side of the page, click on “SEARCH POSTINGS” to choose the jobs you would like to view.
- To search for temporary employment opportunities in Facilities Management, select the orange “TEMPORARY POOL” button in the middle of the webpage. This will give you a complete listing of temporary job opportunities in Facilities Management.
- Click on the down arrow to the left of the dark blue heading to arrange job postings by working title, job open date or career group.
- To see the job detail, click on “View” below the job’s working title.
- If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Facilities Management Human Resources & Training at (434) 982-5895.