Facilities Management Onboarding
Starting June 5, UVA FM Occupational Training will be debuting an enhanced new employee onboarding process to streamline the process for stakeholders and equip new employees with information they need to successfully begin their careers at UVA FM.
Please note: This process is FM-specific and separate from UVA HR’s Grounds for Success (Orientation) Program.
Your new employee’s first two days will include:
- New Employee Safety Training
- An overview of UVA, FM, Parking & Transportation, OHS, Fleet, Sustainability, and DEI
- A review of:
- The Code of Conduct
- Recording time and getting paid
- Meals & breaks
- How to get involved
- Safety shoes from the Red Wing Shoe Truck (where applicable)
- A walking tour of FM
- Assistance with required computer-based learning and I-9 completions
- A meet & greet with our CFO and their director
- Discussion of other touch points for planning their professional development in their first year.
Do you have a new employee starting? Email us!
Additional resources coming soon!