HR Resources & Reminders
Open Enrollment Deadline
The deadline for choosing your benefit selections during Open Enrollment is Friday, Oct. 18.
Details about available benefits and answers to frequently asked questions are available on the UVA HR Open Enrollment website.
Please note that all benefits changes must made within Workday (instructions here) and that there is no correction period this year, so all selections must be submitted by Oct. 18 at 11:59 p.m.
Advancing Your Career
Occupational Training in collaboration with Madison House Core Skills volunteers will be hosting open lab sessions (walk ins welcome – no registration required) on Thursdays from 2-3 p.m. in Skipwith Hall Room 112 this fall. Sessions will help Facilities Management employees advance their careers and will cover the following topics:
- Thursday, Oct. 17: Organizing Your Accomplishments/Marketing Your Skills
- Thursday, Oct. 24: Locating and Navigating UVA Internal Job Postings
- November & December: Resume & Cover Letter Writing Workshops
Community Resource Services
UVA Community Resource Specialist Stuart Munson will be on site at Facilities Management on the days listed below. To schedule an appointment, contact Stuart Munson at email@example.com or 434-243-3672.
- Wednesday, Oct. 23, noon-5 p.m., Skipwith Hall room 014
- Thursday, Oct. 24, 8 a.m.-noon, Skipwith Hall room 014
Community Resource Services helps members of the UVA community connect with local organizations that assist with:
- Basic needs such as housing, clothing, utilities and food
- Assistance with personal budgeting and finance
- Free legal resources and access to lawyers
Learning to Handle Stress Workshop
Learn research-backed stress management methods and create a personalized plan for handling stress at home and work. Register to attend by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday, Oct. 24, noon-1 p.m., Leake Building, Room 116