Girls Day volunteers needed
Want to get involved with Facilities Management's Girls Day?
Submit a volunteer application by Feb. 7 for the fifth annual event set to take place in June 2020 (exact date TBD).
Applications are open to ALL employees, please share widely. All volunteers are required to submit an online application.
The fifth annual Girls Day will take place from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. on a weekday during either the second or third week of June 2020 (exact date to be finalized soon). The event – which is is open to girls between the ages of 10-16 – aims to inspire and excite girls to consider a career in construction by offering behind-the-scenes tours of work sites and hands-on activities with tradespeople.
Volunteers are needed for the following:
- Group leader
- Preparation for event
- Tour sites and PPE assistance
- Hands-on activity tables
- Vendor fair setup
Please note that this year, Girls Day volunteers will be required to commit to the following:
- You will be required to complete a background check and training under the UVA Protection of Minors and Reporting Abuse policy through the Office of Youth Protection.
- You will be required to attend informational meetings prior to the event.
- You must be available to participate in the full day of events from 7 a.m.-4 p.m. on a weekday during either the second or third week of June 2020 (exact date to be finalized soon).
- You must have your supervisor's permission to participate.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.