ExpenseUVA is the University’s expense management system for initiating and processing T&E Card transactions and reimbursements to employees.
Click the above link to enter
How long should I keep receipts? Once the transaction has been expensed (fully approved). Make sure image (picture) of receipt is clear and legible.
How do I load them in ExpenseUVA (Chrome River)? See Quick Guides.
Tax on Car Rentals
The University qualifies for tax exempt status for vehicle rentals in the state of Virginia and other select states. It is the traveler’s responsibility to understand the tax-exempt policy of the state which they are visiting and to make sure that tax is appropriately charged. The link below gives a list of the states that allow tax exemption. Some states require a form be completed and presented at the time of the rental. Before your trip, please check this link, if a form is required it will be listed next to the state. Click the form link, complete and print. Present this form at the time of your rental and they should ensure that tax is removed from your bill. It is the responsibility of the traveler to ensure that all appropriate forms are provided to the vendor.
- What PTAO do I use? 101458-101-SG00045-Org
- Format for work order: xxxxxxx-xxx,xxxx,xxxxx (work order - phase, shop)
- Roles & Responsibilities – Who approves my transactions, what is expected of these approvers?
- Workflow – Flow of transactions through the approval chain.
- Expense Tile Descriptions - Guide on expenditure types to use for purchases or travel.
- Create a new report
- Ways to add receipts for T&E transactions
- Reconciling your T&E credit card
- For Approvers
- For Expense Owners and Delegates
- For Expense Owners who Delegate
- Expense Scenarios that require additional routing for supplemental approval
Where do I find training materials?
See Procurements website for additional information.
Note: Facilities Management has different role assignments and workflow routing. See the Helpful Guidance section for guidance.
Who do I contact for questions?
Facilities Management has Ambassadors who are able to answer questions and offer guidance. These folks are: