FM Inclusive Excellence Plan approved
June 28, 2021
Plan approved by UVA leadership
The Facilities Management Inclusive Excellence Plan has been approved by UVA leadership, including the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
The plan was developed by Facilities Management’s Inclusive Excellence Planning Team following a survey of department employees throughout the month of February that received more than 900 anonymous responses. It outlines broad goals for the next three to five years to address five key areas. Using the plan as a starting point, Facilities Management staff will now focus on developing more specific action plans with strategies to achieve the following goals:
Access + Success
- Provide clear and consistent communication of job and promotion opportunities for staff.
- Develop hiring and promotion best practices through an equitable lens.
Education + Training
- Create training opportunities that are equitable and accessible.
- Support continuous learning and development.
Climate + Intergroup Relations
- Maintain a safe and respectful work environment where employees are empowered.
- Increase opportunities to get to know each other across FM.
Community + Partnership
- Increased use of UVA volunteer hours.
- Build local partnerships to share job opportunities.
Infrastructure + Investment
- Improve communications to put employees first.
- Clear understanding and implementation of FM Code of Conduct to cultivate commitment and shared purpose.
The full plan can be reviewed on the FM Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion webpage. The plan was approved by FM Directors in March, submitted to Senior Vice President for Operations Collette Sheehy for approval and then reviewed and approved by the UVA Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Communications senior generalist
UVA Facilities Management