Mission statement and values
We serve and plan for our community today while assessing and adapting to the needs of tomorrow.
Respect — We value all members of our community by recognizing and honoring our similarities and our differences.
- I recognize the fundamental human dignity of each person and strive to treat them with kindness, empathy, and compassion.
- I work through conflict constructively.
- I am professional in my interaction with others, and I am considerate with my words and actions.
Integrity — We are honest, open, and fair through our behaviors, attitude, and treatment of others
- I strive to align my work with the University's mission and values.
- I am consistent in my words and actions.
- I aspire to do the right thing, even when it is not easy.
- I take responsibility and am accountable for my actions.
Stewardship — We practice care and forethought in the management of all resources entrusted to us
- I proactively look for opportunities to reduce UVA's environmental impact.
- I seek to leave our buildings and our Grounds better than I found them.
- I choose the most appropriate materials and efficient procedures to complete my work.
- I take responsibility to work safely.
Collaboration — We are strongest as a team, working together to support the mission of the University.
- I share information through clear and consistent communication.
- I am open to ideas and processes of others.
- I seek out solutions across the community.
- I celebrate good work regardless of who did it.