University of Virginia

Request service

Key request for residential buildings and rooms

Please visit the Lockouts and Lost Keys FAQs section of the U.Va. Housing and Residence Life website to learn about the protocol for lost keys, lockouts and borrowed keys.


If a situation arises that is life threatening or likely to cause severe damage to a University building, dial 911.

For other facility related emergencies, please call one of the following:
Academic facilities and grounds
(434) 924-1777

Health system facilities and grounds
(434) 924-2267

Student and faculty housing
(434) 924-3053

Areas maintained by other organizations

The following are not maintained by Facilities Management. To request service, please contact the organization directly:

  • Athletics – (434) 982-5022
  • Blandy Farm – (540) 837-1758
  • Intramurals – (434) 924-3791
  • Mountain Lake – (434) 626-7171
  • Parking & Transportation – (434) 924-7231