Operations & Maintenance Department Overview
Managing facilities maintenance, housekeeping, and landscaping for the Academic Division and the Housing Zone; and Landscaping for the Health System.
Recent accomplishments by the men and women of the Department are noted in our 2011-2012 Annual Report (PDF).
Operations & Maintenance Divisions
- Operations and maintenance for the Academic and Housing facilities
- Specialized techniques and collaborative practices to sustain a multi-faceted complex and all of its integrated mechanical systems
- A diverse work force of skilled and professional personnel to maintain the plumbing, electrical, roofing, carpentry, elevator, fire protection, HVAC, locks, architectural, and structural components of the University's academic and housing buildings
|Elevators, Fire Systems, HVAC
||Paul Zmick, P.E.
|Carpentry, Electrical, Locks and Access, Plumbing, Roofing
- Turf, shrub, tree and plant management services for the University
- Moving services for construction projects, office moves, disposal actions and department relocations
- Renovations Department: Multi-trades improvements and alterations for departments throughout the University
- Project Services: General carpentry, electrical, masonry, sheet metal, painting, cabinetry, plumbing, signage, and asbestos removal
- Scheduling and Estimating: Cost estimates and schedules for the Division
- Contract Management: Cost effective completion of projects in a timely manner
- Customer relations
- Service requests and work orders
- Facility assessment
- Vehicle management
- Operations and maintenance budget management
- Receiving and staging of materials
- Limited courier services