Rouss Hall Renovation

FPC Desktop     FPC Links & Forms     Prof Svcs & Construction Info

Photo Gallery
 

This high quality, state of the art and architecturally complex project involved renovating the historical Rouss Hall, constructed in 1896, and adding a 125,000 gsf addition to the East which preserved the context of the surrounding Lawn and East Range structures. The renovation of and addition to Rouss Hall has resulted in an expansion to the east with an added foot print of 41,000 square feet and an increased interior space of 120,000 square feet.

The project provides for state of the art classrooms, computing labs, real time securities trading labs, and an auditorium. The project also includes public gathering and reception space, a student commons, faculty offices, student affairs and executive education offices.

In order to maintain proper architectural context the construction involved substantial excavation for lower level spaces requiring complex shoring to stabilize and safeguard the existing Rouss Hall.

The McIntire School of Commerce moved back to the Lawn and occupied its new facilities at Rouss Robertson Hall for the opening day of second semester on January 16, 2008. The completed facility houses includes classrooms, faculty offices, and all of the support facilities required by this highly ranked school.


Facilities Planning & Construction - 575 Alderman Road - PO Box 400726, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4726 - (434) 982-4621 - Fax: (434) 982-4628
Site Maintained by: FP&C Webmaster
This Page Last Modified: Friday, May 10, 2013 09:03:50 AM -0400 
2013 by the Rector and Visitors of the University of Virginia - Copyright/Privacy/Advertising