Facilities Purchasing, a Division of UVA Procurement Services
Facilities Purchasing is responsible for the procurement of the products and services necessary to support Facilities Management’s mission. Our primary purpose is purchasing products and services. We buy everything from chisels to chillers. As such, we are the primary contact between our workers and vendors in our community, state, and around the nation.
Our secondary role is to secure the services of contractors when the demands placed on our tradepersons is exceeded either in scope or in expertise. This is most often done on a case by case basis; however, Facilities Purchasing has established numerous contracts for services and supplies. It is in our best interest to seek competition for our purchases, so take a look at the list below and see if there’s anything we can buy from you!
- A wealth of information concerning purchasing policies, guidelines, and business opportunities is located at the UVA Procurement Services Web site.
- To register as a new vendor at UVA, please complete the on-line Vendor Registration Form.
- The Commonwealth’s Department of General Services, Division of Purchases and Supply has created a Web site that opens the door to business opportunities with State and Local Government. We urge you to register with Virgina's e-Procurement Solution (eVA).
The University’s Procurement Services Department (located in Carruthers Hall) and Facilities Purchasing have established contracts with a number of commonly used area and nation-wide vendors for products and services.
Facilities Purchasing can help you get the products you need quickly and inexpensively:
- Building supplies
- Concrete and brick
- Electrical supplies
- HVAC, plumbing, controls
- Locks, key blanks and cylinders
- Janitorial supplies
- Office supplies
There are also service contracts which are established and overseen by the Contracts Administration group, including:
- Asbestos abatement
- Floor and ceiling
- Painting Services
- Paving repair
- Pest Control
For details of these contracts, just ask a Facilities Purchasing staff member.
Facilities Purchasing Reminders (for Facilities Management Employees)
To assist us in helping you obtain the best possible service, we offer these simple suggestions for placing and receiving orders:
- Submit a completed Request for Materials/Services (RMS) form for every purchase. Remember to include work order # and a specific “need date” (not A.S.A.P.).
- Keep a copy of your RMS form for future reference. Once the order is placed by the buyer, a copy of each request (with pricing and delivery info) is put into the work center mailboxes outside the buyer’s window.
- Please talk to a buyer and discuss any unusual or special needs associated with your purchase.
- When your order arrives, it is placed in the work center bins at our warehouse. A receiver is sent to your work center supervisor. Bring the receiver to the warehouse to expedite pick-up. Sign the log book at the Receiving office to check out your materials.
- Warehouse questions? Please contact Roger Davis at 982-5866.